Sunday 25 August 2013

Love and Care

Help others with your smile.
Beside medical treatment there was a great role of nutritional and emotional care. House no. 313, Paschim Vihar ,Delhi ,  where we were putting up during our span of treatment at my husband’s sister and her family, took great care of us and my children. I pay my gratitude to her, her husband, her cute daughter and of course everyone in their joint family. Words cannot describe the love and continuous support we received from them.
Their house had harmonious vibrations. None can carry on without mutual help. God made my husband’s sister and family to help us as best as they can.

Radiation day arrived on the 15th July. Few blood tests and Ultrasound were done. The Medical oncologists approved my reports and referred me to Radiation Oncologist. The Radiation Oncologist, explained to me all about my treatment plan. It was decided to give me 28 radiations, IGRT Image-guided radiation therapy, daily except for weekends.
This time, after my 6th chemo I had not recovered my physical stamina. I could hardly walk or exercise. My Right hand had swollen up and was tender, my feet and toes felt numb. I had restless nights. Gentle circulatory movements and massage would provide some relief.
On my first visit to the Radiation oncologist a cast was prepared to protect the other organs. Hospitalization was not required. My daughter accompanied me daily to the hospital. We left at 8:30 In the morning. The doctor and his team was extremely courteous ad supportive. During this course of radiation my hand swelling increased. I had pain in my fore arm and upper arm. My bone pain increased in hip joint and both lower legs .I tried walking but my feet were numb. Pain killers didn’t help much but aggravated GERD problem. My daughter made me exercise three times a day and maneuvered lymphatic drainage.

My husband’s sister took utmost care of us. She would specially prepare non spicy meals for us. Her husband ensured that the pantry was always full . Their beautiful daughter never irked about us taking over her room. We are indebted to them for their love , support and care in all times. May God bless them with all the happiness of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Bua and Fufar ji were God sent Angeles at this time.They have held our hands firmly and been the family we needed most.My time their with you all around was most comforting.And goes without saying, everyone in the house ...Ginni, chacha jis, chachi jis, all the children party, you all are beautiful people and I love you all.

    ReplyDelete